Create your own string of lights for your next party.
You will need:
Eight 3" X 5" rectangles of fabric
Three yards of ribbon
Black Sharpie marker
1. Iron fabric rectangles with starch to give them a little stiffness.
2. Print the party light pattern below.
3. Trace party light pattern onto each fabric rectangle using a black Sharpie marker. Use a lightbox or a sunny window to make tracing easier.
4. Brush the edge of a colored ink pad directly on the fabric to give each light a colored "glow".
5. Sew lights to ribbon. Start sewing two feet from the end of the ribbon. Leave five inches between each light.
6. Hang and enjoy your party!