After a slow start at my new craft room I feel like I'm cruising right along now. The curtains are done! I kept envisioning grey and white striped curtains, so I created some with muslin and spray paint.
I bought some white muslin and cut it to size. I hemmed the top and bottom. I knew I wanted to use curtain clips, so I didn't have to create a pocket. Since I had a selvage on each side I did not hem the sides...this was mostly due to laziness (hey, at least I'm honest).
Then I measured and created stripes with masking tape. The stripes are four inches high so I doubled up some two inch wide masking tape.
Then I sprayed away. I used a surprising amount of spray paint. Perhaps I used too much, but it took more than two cans.
Pulling off the tape revealed perfect stripes.
Here they are hung in my room. I only did one panel for each window because I don't want to block too much light (light is a major reason for moving my craft room).
I thought the grey and white could use a punch of color so I added a big red grosgrain ribbon.
The spray paint did make the curtains a bit stiff, but they still fold nicely.
I still have a lot to do before the big move. The next big "to-dos" are fun...shopping, shopping, shopping!