Wednesday, January 30, 2013

my craft book library

Last post I showed a peak inside a vintage craft book I found at a resale shop last summer.  Even though the internet is a great source for tutorials and inspiration, I still love a good craft book.  Here are some of my favorites from my library.


1. Alabama Stitch Book -- lots of great embroidery inspiration, although some are a bit intimidating.

2. Doodle Stitching -- lots of cute little simple embroidery patterns and projects.  This book inspired me to start drawing my own embroidery designs.  This is a great book for beginners.

3.  Drawing Lab -- If you are looking to improve your drawing skills and gain more confidence I highly recommend the exercises in this book.  You will feel like an artist in no time!

4.  French General: Home Sewn -- Beautiful photos of French Country inspired projects.  The fabrics used in this book are so beautiful you want to reach through the pages and grab them!

5.  Printing by Hand -- Lots of great, simple techniques for creating your own fabric prints.  Get ready to get dirty!

What are some of your favorite craft books?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...