Last post I showed a peak inside a vintage craft book I found at a resale shop last summer. Even though the internet is a great source for tutorials and inspiration, I still love a good craft book. Here are some of my favorites from my library.
1. Alabama Stitch Book -- lots of great embroidery inspiration, although some are a bit intimidating.
2. Doodle Stitching -- lots of cute little simple embroidery patterns and projects. This book inspired me to start drawing my own embroidery designs. This is a great book for beginners.
3. Drawing Lab -- If you are looking to improve your drawing skills and gain more confidence I highly recommend the exercises in this book. You will feel like an artist in no time!
4. French General: Home Sewn -- Beautiful photos of French Country inspired projects. The fabrics used in this book are so beautiful you want to reach through the pages and grab them!
5. Printing by Hand -- Lots of great, simple techniques for creating your own fabric prints. Get ready to get dirty!
What are some of your favorite craft books?