Monday, May 30, 2011

a big idea: heart bokeh photographs

I saw these photos at Dear Lizzy the other day, but no tutorial on how to turn the light in the photos into hearts.  :(

I was too impatient to wait for a tutorial to be posted so I searched and found a tutorial at A Bit of Sunshine.  Thanks Google!

Here are some photos of my dining room chandelier with my homemade filter.  How cool!



To make these pictures I used my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens.  I am no camera expert by any means.  I usually just play with buttons, take tons of pictures, and hope one turns out. 

For these pictures I used manual setting and unfocused the picture.  I put the f-stop as low as it would go and played with the ISO and exposure time until I ended up with the above pictures.  (ISO = 3200 and exposure time = 1/10 sec).


I had less luck trying out my homemade filter during the day.  This is a rosebush out back.  I did end up with a "happy accident" cute picture of my pup who was keeping me company outside.


I think this technique will be so neat for travel and holiday pictures.

These etsy shots are some great inspiration to keep learning how to perfect this technique!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...