Actually this project was delegated to my husband who is on summer break. He did a wonderful job, with one exception...when I asked him to take a "before" picture for my blog this is what I got:
So I don't have a before shot of the whole kitchen, but this should give you an idea of what we were dealing with.
Tony used a Rust-oleum cabinet painting kit that we saw at Home Depot. Tony had no complaints with the product beyond the normal it's-sure-a-pain-in-the-butt-to-paint-kitchen-cabinet gripes. It's a multi step process that takes some time, but the results look great. Our color is called federal grey.
While we were at it, we changed out our pulls too. We reused our knobs. I have always loved the look of these "bin style" pulls. I think it looks really nice with the grey. These were also purchased at Home Depot. They are part of the Martha Stewart collection.
Here's a look at the other side of the kitchen. I just love it. Overall the kitchen is looks brighter and more fresh. Our cabinets were really starting to show some wear and tear and we aren't planning to replace them for a few years. I will be curious to see how this paint job holds up.
Next stop is accessories!!!