Monday, August 22, 2011

a big idea: yellow pages

Phone books intrigue me.  Remember how important they once were?  Remember looking up phone numbers?

Like most people I use the Internet to find phone numbers now and our lonely phone book is tucked away in a high kitchen cabinet.  So I had a thought, why not use the yellow pages for crafts?  Origami, specifically.

So I searched the Internet and found instructions to make this lovely flower.


Unfortunately I have never been gifted at what seems like it should be a simple task; folding paper into shapes.  So I ended up with this:


Sigh.

Oh well, here are some more successful yellow page flowers I found online.





I'd love to hear your ideas for crafty uses for the yellow pages.  Hint, hint...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

ha ha, that did make me laugh! I think your flower has... character! I tend to use the phone book as a toy for my rabbits, they love to rip it up. Not quite what you were looking for I suppose?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...