Sunday, November 13, 2011

craft room redo: new floor


I debated about flooring for my new craft room.  I was trying to decide between leaving it as is or tearing up the carpet and stenciling the sub floor to look something like this:


Since we are getting new carpet upstairs in the next year or two I figured I could cover my stencils then if I absolutely hated it.  My only hesitation was that I wasn't sure what I would find when I tore up the carpet (although I was pretty sure I wouldn't find hidden beautiful hardwood floors).  

My husband suggested that I put down a laminate floor.  Imagining myself wheeling my chair around my new room sealed the deal...laminate it is.  And to save a few bucks, I decided to install it myself.

So that's what I did this weekend.  I started on Saturday, promptly got very frustrated and decided that the installation charges didn't sound so expensive after all.  I started again this morning and finished the job.  I like my new floor, but I love that I did it myself.




I'll let hubby finish up with the trim while I move on to the curtains!

4 comments:

laxsupermom said...

Your floors look incredible! Great job! Love the rich color of your laminate. Thanks for sharing.

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

It looks great! I did the same type of thing to my floors in my craft room, and I LOVE just being able to sweep up threads and stuff instead of having them lost in the carpet forever! :)

areyoukiddingme said...

Nice job!

Toqua's Crafts said...

I like your wood look laminate floor! I too have laidlaminate floor tile. I know it's not all fun and games but from what I see you did a good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...