Saturday, January 19, 2013

smash book: new year's eve date night


I finished my first smash book post for the new year documenting dinner with my husband on new year's eve.  


I didn't really do much planning when I put together this page.  I just started plopping stuff on the page (and it kind of looks like it).  I don't feel like this is my best scrapbooking, but I've been away from it for awhile and may be a little rusty.  It always takes me awhile to get used to a new scrapbook page size and get in a groove...


On this side of the page I printed a picture of the new shoes I wore that night.  I love to get dressed up for date night with my husband but I don't like to wear heels.  I think these flats are so cute and dressy.

The circle stamp behind "new years is from this set .  The date night letter stickers are from an American Crafts set called roosevelt.  I wrote and drew on the page with red and black fine point Sharpie markers.


We went to one of our favorite restaurants and I had one of my favorite dishes, shrimp and grits.  Shrimp and grits seems like an odd meal at a fancy restaurant, but it is sooooooooo good.  I took a picture with my iphone, but without a flash it didn't turn out so good in the dim restaurant.  

My husband is obsessed with "checking in" where ever we go on Facebook, so I printed his post and added that to the page.  

My first page is done or smashed or whatever.  So far the process I set up for this project seems to be working well.  I'm still getting used to dealing with the pre-printed pages.  I'm thinking at this point that this book may not be in chronological order because I cannot move around the pages.  Also, you have to be mindful of using any embellishments (brads, eyelets, etc.) that pierce the paper because the back of the paper is the front of the next page.

I'm very enthusiastic about the project and I can't wait to fill this book up this year, especially since we already have so many fun trips planned!

1 comment:

Jessica Boling said...

very cute!
jecacreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...