Last post I talked about my new scrapbooking project for 2013. I am trying to make this project as easy and non stressful as possible. In fact, if it becomes difficult or stressful I will probably just drop it as I have a lot more important things in my life to stress about. ;)
In order to simplify the process I created a "smash book" basket and filled it with some scrapbooking supplies. I don't intend to buy any supplies for this project, I want to use what I have.
I also don't want to search through bins of brads, stickers, cardstock, or chipboard for the perfect embellishment. If it is in the basket I can use it. If not, I can't. Perhaps every month or so I will rotate the supplies to give myself some variety.
The basket should also help to contain any mess generated by this project. Just throw everything in the basket and move it out of the way.
Here is a sampling of some of the supplies I put into my basket...
1. letter stickers: I've always liked American Crafts letter stickers, especially the roosevelt and runway fonts. I also included some white Thickers from American Crafts and some letter stickers by Jenni Bowlin (so cute!)
2. decorative stickers: I included some Flair Stickers from American Crafts. Also some journalling tabs from Heidi Swapp (I think she has a new line now?) and Road Map cards from October Afternoon (also a lot of cute stuff!)
3. stamps: I threw in a couple stamp sets. This one seemed perfect. I think the other set may be a Michael's store brand?
4. stamping ink: Can't stamp without ink. I threw in a few of my distress ink stamp pads.
5. instant camera: I hope to use my instant camera a lot for this project...no printing or editing photos...so easy.
6. chipboard: Some letter and shape chipboard from Heidi Swapp's old line. Also some black chipboard from Cosmo Cricket. I love this stuff!
7. embellishments: I'm not sure how many embellishments I will be able to add and still be able to close the book, but I threw in these spinners from Tim Holtz.
8. rub ons: I added a couple run ons sets from American Crafts.
Just looking at these supplies makes me so excited. I think I might have a scrapbooking supplies specific hoarding obsession (well, maybe it applies to fabric too!)
I'm all prepared now, can't wait to get started!