Saturday, December 31, 2011

year in review 2011

Twenty eleven has been a very busy year.  This year I resolved to focus on being more creative and revived this blog.  Here are some of my favorite creative moments from the year.


I think out of all the tutorials I have created this year, this pillow was my favorite to make.  It is so simple and I just love the texture on the finished project.  My most popular tutorial has definitely been the paint sample coasters.  


I use this bag all the time and I get so many compliments on it.  This project was made with upcycled materials; a vintage grain sack and a thrifted belt.  I want to spend more time thrifting in the new year.  


I started using polymer clay this year for various projects and I am so addicted.  I enjoy working with clay almost as much as I enjoy sewing.


I really struggled with the decision to move my craft room.  Now that I am (almost) moved in to my new digs I am so pleased that I finally decided to make the move.  Today I sewed some pillow covers while looking out an actual window.  So exciting!


So far I am really enjoying my new shop.  This is another decision that took me a really long time to make.  Mostly I was concerned about having enough time for work, blogging, and shop.  I'm still not sure if I will have enough time, but I am enjoying running my shop so much that I am willing to sacrifice a little TV watching time.

I have been thinking of some goals for the new year, but I have to admit that I'm a little behind on goal setting.  Hopefully that isn't an omen for 2012!

Have a safe and fun New Year's Eve and thanks for reading and subscribing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...