Tuesday, January 1, 2013

balance for a new year

*blows dust off blog*

*tap tap tap on microphone*  "Is this thing still on?"

Wow.  It's been a long time since I posted.  What happened?  I'll talk about that in a second, but first...


Today is a day when a lot of people plan and set goals for the new year.  I guess I'm no different.  This year my biggest goal is BALANCE.

About the time I stopped posting to this blog I started working a lot, like 60-80+ hours a week a lot.  I was working on interesting projects and getting recognition for my efforts, but I didn't have balance.  I wasn't doing any crafting beyond filling orders in my shop.  I wasn't blogging.  I didn't set foot in a craft store for months.  Not doing these things isn't necessarily a tragedy, but these are all things I REALLY enjoy doing.

If I created a pie chart for how I was spending my time, work was a PacMan eating my life...


Not only was I not crafting; I wasn't working out or eating well.  I wasn't spending as much time with my husband or friends as I would like.  I wasn't taking care of my house the way I like to.  I started to fear that if I got hit by a bus my eulogist would only be able to say, "She was always very responsive to emails."

So this year I am looking for balance.  I am looking to balance a job I love with all the other things in my life that I love.  Too much of any one thing is never a good thing.

I am working on new tutorials for this blog.  I love the sense of community that comes from sharing crafting ideas together through the Internet.  I will also probably start blogging a bit more about my life, my inspirations, things I love, and some of my struggles and stumbles along the way as I work to balance my life.

Happy 2013 to All!!!

3 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Happy 2013! Good to hear from you...

Susan van der Zwaag - Sondeyker said...

I just saw your blog in my bloglist and was wondering why the name didn't ring any bells, but I suppose you changed it from crafty spa ;).
Then I saw that some postings where really old ones, so I think I started followimg you because of tutorials ;), so yesss lookimg forward to you sharing more tutorials and hope you will find balance in your working life and free time to craft.
Balanced greets from Susan ;).

Kristin said...

Happy 2013 to you too!! Glad your back:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...