Monday, October 31, 2011

october in review





Only three tutorials this month? tsk. tsk. I updated the tutorial library with this poor showing for October or you can click on the pictures above if you missed one of the October tutes.

I've been really engaged in a project at work lately, which is great because I haven't felt that way at work for a long time.  However, it leaves little time for crafting which is a bummer.  I guess that's how life goes, things ebb and flow at different times.

I finally got my new craft room painted a nice "blank canvas" color of white.  I used spray paint for the first time this weekend for a craft room related project.  Tony wants to change the flooring in the room, so I am kinda stalled again until we figure that out.  But all is OK because it gives me more time to dream about the furniture I want to buy.  I am a little obsessed with having some sort of counter height table or island so that I can stand and create. My current obsession is this island from West Elm.


Ironically, I had some money fall into my lap today (OK...so it was really a reimbursement of money I paid previously, but totally unexpected).  The money would just about cover the cost of this island.  So what do you think?  Is this big enough to cut fabric on if I put some sort of self healing mat on top?  Will I regret the metal top?

Here are the other things on my craft room re-do "to do" list:

Figure out flooring and install
Create a sewing nook out of the closet
Find the perfect bulletin board
Plan a weekend trip to Ikea to purchase a desk
Put together Ikea furniture
Source curtain fabric and make curtains
Buy and install a new light fixture
Transfer shelves and supplies from old room to new room

Whew...still a lot to do.  I have to admit that I am least looking forward to moving all my crap supplies from the basement to my new second floor craft room!!!

2 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Actually, I think a stainless top would be good for cutting. As long as you don't feel the need to keep the top pristine from marks, it would be a fine surface. It would be easy to clean paint or glue of things, and even with scratches it would be unlikely to snag fabric. However, the "rustic" description leads me to believe the lower wood part might be a little rough.

Cara said...

I love that island for a craft table, I think the stainless steel top would be easy to cut on (with a self healing mat) but things might slip on it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...